Old 01-09-2008, 12:25 PM
David Fletcher

Default Remote printer head cleaning

I've got a networked Hewlett Packard Deskjet 1220C connected via a
Netgear Ethernet - USB print server. Jobs are submitted as postscript
to a server running CUPS on Ubuntu Dapper Server.

Does anybody know if it's possible to command the printer to do a
head cleaning cycle?

How?

I know how to do it with my Epson that's connected to the USB port on
the machine, but I've no idea about this one.

Thanks

Dave