Old 01-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Joe Burgess

Default Looping through folders in KMail

Well I know that there was a previous conversation about how the kmail
that came with Gutsy is the enterprise edition or something like that,
so I know there are a bunch of things different.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:57 AM
Johnny Ernst Nielsen

tirsdag den 8. Januar 2008 kvad Rosalind Mitchell:
> I'm using KMail 1.9.6 under Kubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy)
>
> In the past I've used the setting to Loop in All Folders to go
> through unread mail, and it's worked fine. Unfortunately, in this
> release it seems not to be working. Once mail in one folder has
> been read, pressing <+> no longer moves to the next folder with
> unread mail.
>
> Somebody has suggested that this is a Gutsy problem, no a KMail
> problem Is somebody right?

No.
I use KMail 1.9.6 on Kubuntu 7.10, and that exact feature works fine
here. I use it exclusively to navigate my new mail.

Best regards )
Johnny )

Old 01-09-2008, 12:54 PM
Derek Broughton

Rosalind Mitchell wrote:

> I'm using KMail 1.9.6 under Kubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy)
>
> In the past I've used the setting to Loop in All Folders to go through
> unread
> mail, and it's worked fine. Unfortunately, in this release it seems not
> be working. Once mail in one folder has been read, pressing <+> no longer
> moves to the next folder with unread mail.
>
> Somebody has suggested that this is a Gutsy problem, no a KMail problem
> Is somebody right?

I can't see how it could be. It would have to be a KMail problem, but I
haven't got it to loop through all folders since before Gutsy.
--
derek

Old 01-09-2008, 06:26 PM
Nils Kassube

Rosalind Mitchell wrote:
> In the past I've used the setting to Loop in All Folders to go through
> unread mail, and it's worked fine. Unfortunately, in this release it
> seems not to be working. Once mail in one folder has been read,
> pressing <+> no longer moves to the next folder with unread mail.

Settings -> Configure KMail ... -> Misc / Folders -> In the line "When
trying to find unread messages:" select "Loop in All Folders".

Nils

Old 01-10-2008, 07:16 AM
"O. Sinclair"

Derek Broughton wrote:
> Rosalind Mitchell wrote:
>
>> I'm using KMail 1.9.6 under Kubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy)
>>
>> In the past I've used the setting to Loop in All Folders to go through
>> unread
>> mail, and it's worked fine. Unfortunately, in this release it seems not
>> be working. Once mail in one folder has been read, pressing <+> no longer
>> moves to the next folder with unread mail.
>>
>> Somebody has suggested that this is a Gutsy problem, no a KMail problem
>> Is somebody right?
>
> I can't see how it could be. It would have to be a KMail problem, but I
> haven't got it to loop through all folders since before Gutsy.
I (being on Gutsy etc) set the Option "Loop through all folders", it was
previously set to not looping. Then I tried with <+> when I had mail and
got a pop-up question if I wanted to go to next unread mail in next
folder (something like that). There was also a tick-box "do not ask this
next time". You might not by mistake have clicked "no" and ticked this
box? I ticked the box, clicked "Yes" and now <+> works in taking me to
next unread mail in next folder (or whatever folder has unread mail).

Sinclair