Old 02-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Luca Fabbri

Default DVD with kaffeine: where are all the commands?!

Hi all,

maybe this is a stupid question... Today is the first time I use
Kaffeine to play a DVD from mi migration do KDE 4 and Karmic... For
what I remember Kaffeine was a good player for DVD before on KDE 3
version.

The problem now are the commands... I'm not able to play DVD, or
better, they star automatically without showing main menu. I don't
find also commands to go to main menu or choose languages...
I'm sure I'm missing something VERY simple, but for now I'n not able
to use it. I tried right now another DVD... same problems... where are
commands to go to audio menu? main menu?

--
-- luca

Old 02-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Mark Greenwood

On Monday 01 Feb 2010 21:17:34 Luca Fabbri wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> maybe this is a stupid question... Today is the first time I use
> Kaffeine to play a DVD from mi migration do KDE 4 and Karmic... For
> what I remember Kaffeine was a good player for DVD before on KDE 3
> version.
>
> The problem now are the commands... I'm not able to play DVD, or
> better, they star automatically without showing main menu. I don't
> find also commands to go to main menu or choose languages...
> I'm sure I'm missing something VERY simple, but for now I'n not able
> to use it. I tried right now another DVD... same problems... where are
> commands to go to audio menu? main menu?

I think Kaffeine has been rewritten for KDE4. I don't think it's finished.

I switched to SMPlayer. Very good

Mark

Old 02-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Knapp

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 10:49 PM, Mark Greenwood <fatgerman@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> On Monday 01 Feb 2010 21:17:34 Luca Fabbri wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> maybe this is a stupid question... Today is the first time I use
>> Kaffeine to play a DVD from mi migration do KDE 4 and Karmic... For
>> what I remember Kaffeine was a good player for DVD before on KDE 3
>> version.
>>
>> The problem now are the commands... I'm not able to play DVD, or
>> better, they star automatically without showing main menu. I don't
>> find also commands to go to main menu or choose languages...
>> I'm sure I'm missing something VERY simple, but for now I'n not able
>> to use it. I tried right now another DVD... same problems... where are
>> commands to go to audio menu? main menu?
>>

> I think Kaffeine has been rewritten for KDE4. I don't think it's finished.
>
> I switched to SMPlayer. Very good
>
> Mark

I have switched to VLC, I love it.

--