Old 02-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Neil Winchurst

Default Disable laptop touchpad

I have been given a laptop (Presario V5030EA). Lucky, eh?

Anyway, I have installed Mint 7 XFCE version, which is based on Jaunty.
It all seems great, and very similar to Kubuntu. I chose that distro as
it needs fewer resources.

Unfortunately this laptop does not have a button to disable the touchpad
and most of the time I use it with a mouse. I have used Google to try to
find how to disable the touchpad and have finished up rather confused.
For a start it appears that methods which worked with versions of ubuntu
up to Intrepid will no longer work with Jaunty.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please? There must be some
simple way to do it, surely. Any help gratefully received,

Neil

Old 02-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Jonas Norlander

On 1 February 2010 16:40, Neil Winchurst <barnaby@drofle.com> wrote:
> I have been given a laptop (Presario V5030EA). Lucky, eh?
>
> Anyway, I have installed Mint 7 XFCE version, which is based on Jaunty.
> It all seems great, and very similar to Kubuntu. I chose that distro as
> it needs fewer resources.
>
> Unfortunately this laptop does not have a button to disable the touchpad
> and most of the time I use it with a mouse. I have used Google to try to
> find how to disable the touchpad and have finished up rather confused.
> For a start it appears that methods which worked with versions of ubuntu
> up to Intrepid will no longer work with Jaunty.
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction please? There must be some
> simple way to do it, surely. Any help gratefully received,

There usually is an option in the BIOS to enable or disable the
touchpad. Have you checked there?

/ Jonas