Karmic 9.10: plasma problem with xrdp (was: Karmic 9.10: xrdp weird colors)
I've tracked down the problem.
xrdp installs fine in kubuntu 9.10 and works well out of the box.
There are visualizations problems:
* the windows decotations are unreadable; workaround use keramic
windows decoration: the border is still a mess but the title is
* the k menu is nureadable (white text on white background);
workaround switch to the classic style
* the panel on the bottom of the screen is a mess: I can see only
It seems that the couple xrdp/plasma cannot waork if plasma uses gradients.
Anyone knows a plasma theme (or how to create a plasma theme) that uses
Mirto Silvio Busico ha scritto:
I'm trying to use xrdp on a Kubuntu 9.10 64 bit.
I was able to install xrdp (which selected vnc4server) and it works.
But connecting to the server (I tried Windows Remote Desktop and KDE
kdrc with the same results) the client shows poor colors (invisible
nesus: white on white) and corrupted windows decoration and system panel.
Googling around I found only:
* the client have to be setup tu use 24bit colors: tried; nothing
* in /etc/xrdp/xrdp.ini there can be problems with bitmap
compression. I tried "bitmap_compression=yes" (the default) and
"bitmap_compression=no"; but nothing changes
And if you ask, yes I rebooted the machine and restarted xrdp after
What can I do?
Anyone was able to use xrdp on karmic?
kubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users