Old 01-31-2010, 02:26 PM
Nils Kassube

Default Kubuntu 9.04-9.10 failed

Mark Greenwood wrote:
> On Sunday 31 Jan 2010 13:44:35 Mark Fraser wrote:
> > adduser: The GID 65534 does not exist.
>
> It appears to be trying to add a user who belongs to group 65534, but
> this group does not exist.
>
> 65534 seems an awfully large number.

That's nothing unusual, IMHO. 65534 belongs to the group "nogroup" on at
least 3 of my machines. You could add that group with the command

sudo addgroup --gid 65534 nogroup

in a terminal.

Nils

Old 01-31-2010, 02:47 PM
Mark Fraser

On Sunday 31 Jan 2010 15:26:25 Nils Kassube wrote:
> Mark Greenwood wrote:
> > On Sunday 31 Jan 2010 13:44:35 Mark Fraser wrote:
> > > adduser: The GID 65534 does not exist.
> >
> > It appears to be trying to add a user who belongs to group 65534, but
> > this group does not exist.
> >
> > 65534 seems an awfully large number.
>
> That's nothing unusual, IMHO. 65534 belongs to the group "nogroup" on at
> least 3 of my machines. You could add that group with the command
>
> sudo addgroup --gid 65534 nogroup
>
> in a terminal.

OK, it now installs, but I'm wondering if this is a problem:
update-rc.d: warning: kerneloops stop runlevel arguments (0 1 6) do not match
LSB Default-Stop values (1)