Old 01-29-2010, 06:01 PM
Steven Vollom

Default RESOLVED smtp password for kmail does not remain. THANKS ALL

On Friday 29 January 2010 11:13:36 am Nils Kassube wrote:
> Steven Vollom wrote:
> > If it would not be too much trouble, could you check your smtp
> > configuration to see if there are dots that represent the password
> > you selected in the box that shows the password? That box is blank
> > in my configuration files.
>
> It is blank here as well with Kmail version 1.12.4 (KDE 4.3.5). It is a
> bit confusing because the POP3 password field has dots.
>

> Nils

Thanks Nils. When I had the recent problem sending, it was the thing that
appeared wrong, however, I was unable to get the dots to stay or apply when I
tried. So when sending continued to fail, it appeared to be the problem. It
works now, but I do not know why. It just started working again this morning.
Thanks for the reply.

Steven