Old 01-28-2010, 09:48 PM
Jimmy Stewpot

Default Binding desktop's to monitors

Hello,

I have a new system which i've just purchased. I am interested to know if its possible in KDE to bind specific desktops to individual monitors. If that's possible is it possible to then bind specific applications to ALWAYS open on the given monitor/desktop?.

I've had a look at xrandr and xinerama but it does not seem to really answer my question. Has anyone got any experience with this type of setup?

Regards,

Jimmy.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:57 PM
Mark Greenwood

On Thursday 28 Jan 2010 22:48:17 Jimmy Stewpot wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a new system which i've just purchased. I am interested to know if its possible in KDE to bind specific desktops to individual monitors. If that's possible is it possible to then bind specific applications to ALWAYS open on the given monitor/desktop?.

Have you tried the menu options available by clicking the icon in the top-left corner (on the title bar)? Under "Advanced" there are ways to make KDE remember or force placement options by window or by application. I've never used them but they might be what you're looking for.

Mark