Old 01-28-2010, 09:21 PM
Jerry Lapham

Default Saving completed PDF forms

In case you haven't already discovered this for yourself:

Some PDF forms will allow you to fill in the blanks and print them but won't
allow you to save the completed form as a .pdf file.

I saved one by printing it with the printer turned off. I found it in the
print status app and then using Dolphin, found the print file in
/var/spool/cups. I had to open cups as root and then displayed it in ocular.
After confirming it was what I wanted, I copied it to one of my directories and
converted the .ps file to .pdf.

-Jerry

Old 01-29-2010, 09:08 AM
Thomas Olsen

On Thursday 28 January 2010 23:21:49 Jerry Lapham wrote:
> In case you haven't already discovered this for yourself:
>
> Some PDF forms will allow you to fill in the blanks and print them but
> won't allow you to save the completed form as a .pdf file.
>
> I saved one by printing it with the printer turned off. I found it in the
> print status app and then using Dolphin, found the print file in
> /var/spool/cups. I had to open cups as root and then displayed it in
> ocular. After confirming it was what I wanted, I copied it to one of my
> directories and converted the .ps file to .pdf.
>
> -Jerry

Isn't there a "Print to file (PDF)" option in the print dialog?

--
Best Regards / Med venlig hilsen

Thomas Olsen