Old 01-28-2010, 01:34 PM
Steven Vollom

Default smtp password for kmail does not remain.

This is the second time this has happened recently; I reinstalled Karmic to repair it last time, because the resolution was not found.

Kubuntu Karmic 9.10, KDE 4.3.4, quad core AMD 64bit, Kmail 1.12.4.

att.yahoo.com confirms that all is well at their end.

I find an anomaly when verifying the configuration for kmail. Every entry appears exactly right except the password entry in smtp. When I type it in, and afterward click on apply, then verify that the password has been saved, I find the area where the password is entered blank. Always before the blank area would retain 8 black dots that show when entering the password. When the space is blank, no emails can be sent, and the password can not be entered and applied to resolve this.

I want to avoid having to re-install the OS again; that was the only solution I was able to find to fix the problem last time. I was unable to respond to help from Lindsay last time, but Lindsay was attempting help. Thanks in advance for any help you may provide.

Steven