Old 01-27-2010, 03:56 PM
Georgi Kourtev

Default Wordpress

I've installed Wordpress with apt that also added Apache and MySQL client.
After the installation though icon in the K-menu does not exist; when running
'wordpress' in terminal, I have message 'not such command'.

Is there someone who use it and can help? Thanks.
gk

Old 01-27-2010, 04:00 PM
vince spicer

Wordpress is a web application, a quick google finds a number how-tos
but wordpress is not a program*
http://www.jonathanmoeller.com/screed/?p=1261

Vince

Old 01-27-2010, 04:04 PM
Georgi Kourtev

Why then its 2.+ version is in the package list?
gk

Old 01-27-2010, 04:19 PM
"Amedee Van Gasse (ub)"

On Wed, January 27, 2010 17:56, Georgi Kourtev wrote:
> I've installed Wordpress with apt that also added Apache and MySQL client.
> After the installation though icon in the K-menu does not exist; when
> running
> 'wordpress' in terminal, I have message 'not such command'.
>
> Is there someone who use it and can help? Thanks.

I don't use WordPress, but I think that I can help. Ok for you?
Have you read the documentation?
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WordPress
In short, you will have to point your browser (firefox, konqueror) to
http://localhost/wordpress

--
Amedee