Old 01-27-2010, 01:19 PM
Mirto Silvio Busico

Default Karmic 9.10: xrdp weird colors

Hi all,

I'm trying to use xrdp on a Kubuntu 9.10 64 bit.

I was able to install xrdp (which selected vnc4server) and it works.

But connecting to the server (I tried Windows Remote Desktop and KDE
kdrc with the same results) the client shows poor colors (invisible
nesus: white on white) and corrupted windows decoration and system panel.

Googling around I found only:

* the client have to be setup tu use 24bit colors: tried; nothing
changes
* in /etc/xrdp/xrdp.ini there can be problems with bitmap
compression. I tried "bitmap_compression=yes" (the default) and
"bitmap_compression=no"; but nothing changes

And if you ask, yes I rebooted the machine and restarted xrdp after
every change.

What can I do?
Anyone was able to use xrdp on karmic?

Thanks