Old 01-30-2010, 03:00 AM
Steven Vollom

Default Failed installation of Wine and e-Sword.

On Friday 29 January 2010 08:58:45 pm David Kuntadi wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 10:09 PM, Steven Vollom
>
> <stevenvollom@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > I am not sure how we got mixed up, but I hope this gets us back on the
> > same page.
>
> Again it is my mistake. The deb installer is for ubuntu, not kubuntu.
> I have make a special package for you, hopefully I don't make any
> other mistake.
>
> DK

I sent you a response, however, the computer said it timed out without
sending. It did not remain in the Outbox, nor did it show in the sent mail,
so I do not know what happened to it. I have been having sending problems in
kmail.

In any event, I am going to wait until tomorrow; I am not sure you are aware
that I am 64bit. I may still be able to install it, if 32bit, my processor is
a Quad AMD. I just haven't installed anything but 64bit so far. I never
would have put you to such a task. I hope it did not cause you too much work.
You are so very kind.

Thanks!

Steven

Old 01-30-2010, 11:02 AM
David Kuntadi

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Steven Vollom
<stevenvollom@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> In any event, I am going to wait until tomorrow; I am not sure you are aware
> that I am 64bit. *I may still be able to install it, if 32bit, my processor is
> a Quad AMD. *I just haven't installed anything but 64bit so far.

Don't worry. The installer could work both for 32 bit and 64 bit.
Just let me know if you face problem and I will see what I can do.
DK

Old 01-31-2010, 01:49 AM
Steven Vollom

On Saturday 30 January 2010 07:02:13 am David Kuntadi wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Steven Vollom
>
> <stevenvollom@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > In any event, I am going to wait until tomorrow; I am not sure you are
> > aware that I am 64bit. I may still be able to install it, if 32bit, my
> > processor is a Quad AMD. I just haven't installed anything but 64bit so
> > far.
>
> Don't worry. The installer could work both for 32 bit and 64 bit.
> Just let me know if you face problem and I will see what I can do.
> DK

Dear David,

I am very sorry we are experiencing such problems. It seems that way a lot
when I am on the list, and I fear it will get me bounced.

Before responding to this email and after attempting to install e-Sword using
your installer, I check the "About" tab of my Wine installation to be sure
what version I have installed. It says, "Wine 1.1.37, which is the correct
version. Nonetheless, when I attempted to install e-Sword using the installer
you made for me, even including my name on the package, I got a disappointing
result:

Package Installer -e-sword-installer

Package: e-sword-installer

I hate being such a burden on the List and your time, nevertheless, I still
want my e-Sword. I miss it. I am grateful for all the trouble I am putting
you through and appreciate your patience.

IC,
SV

Old 01-31-2010, 10:50 AM
David Kuntadi

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Steven Vollom
<stevenvollom@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Before responding to this email and after attempting to install e-Sword using
> your installer, I check the "About" tab of my Wine installation to be sure
> what version I have installed. *It says, "Wine 1.1.37, which is the correct
> version. *Nonetheless, when I attempted to install e-Sword using the installer
> you made for me, even including my name on the package, I got a disappointing
> result:
>
> Package Installer -e-sword-installer
>
> Package: *e-sword-installer

It is strange. Could you confirm it by opening terminal and issue:

wine --version

What is the output?

DK

Old 01-31-2010, 04:13 PM
Steven Vollom

On Sunday 31 January 2010 06:50:26 am David Kuntadi wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Steven Vollom
>
> <stevenvollom@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > Before responding to this email and after attempting to install e-Sword
> > using your installer, I check the "About" tab of my Wine installation to
> > be sure what version I have installed. It says, "Wine 1.1.37, which is
> > the correct version. Nonetheless, when I attempted to install e-Sword
> > using the installer you made for me, even including my name on the
> > package, I got a disappointing result:
> >
> > Package Installer -e-sword-installer
> >
> > Package: e-sword-installer
>
> It is strange. Could you confirm it by opening terminal and issue:
>
> wine --version
>
> What is the output?
>
> DK

steven@Yeshua:~$ wine --version
wine-1.1.37
steven@Yeshua:~$

When working there is no application I love more, however, every installation
from Feisty to Karmic has been difficult. It very well could be spiritual
warfare.

I copy and pasted from the terminal so you could see first hand the computer
report of version. Thank for continued patience.

IC,
SV

Old 02-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Ronnie Ronnie

Why don't you use Bible Time

Old 02-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Steven Vollom

On Monday 01 February 2010 10:04:34 am Ronnie Ronnie wrote:
> Why don't you use Bible Time

I doesn't include the translation I want to us, and I have used e-Sword for
years and enjoy certain features. Additionally, I have many saved features I
would probably lose. But mostly it is the translation. I have used e-Sword
through Feisty, Gutsy, Hardy, Intrepid, Jaunty, and also Karmic. I had
problems getting it installed in each of the applications. It is probably
something I don't understand. In any event, eventually I get it installed.
It is important that I install e-Sword. I have tried Bible Time. It is a
great application; I just prefer e-Sword.

Steven

Old 02-02-2010, 08:20 AM
David Kuntadi

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 12:13 AM, Steven Vollom
<stevenvollom@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> steven@Yeshua:~$ wine --version
> wine-1.1.37
> steven@Yeshua:~$

Then please try to force install:

sudo dpkg --install --force-all e-sword-installer_steven.deb

DK

Old 02-02-2010, 09:11 AM
nepal

On Monday 01 Feb 2010 19:06:28 Steven Vollom wrote:
> I doesn't include the translation I want to us, and I have used
> e-Sword for years and enjoy certain features. Additionally, I
> have many saved features I would probably lose. But mostly it is
> the translation. I have used e-Sword through Feisty, Gutsy,
> Hardy, Intrepid, Jaunty, and also Karmic. I had problems getting
> it installed in each of the applications. It is probably
> something I don't understand. In any event, eventually I get it
> installed. It is important that I install e-Sword. I have tried
> Bible Time. It is a great application; I just prefer e-Sword.
>
> Steven

I haven't followed all this thread, but have you considered setting up
vbox (I think you said it was a W****ws application) and running it
that way?

And then sometimes it is just time to move on...

nepal.

Old 02-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Steven Vollom

On Tuesday 02 February 2010 04:20:39 am David Kuntadi wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 12:13 AM, Steven Vollom
>
> <stevenvollom@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > steven@Yeshua:~$ wine --version
> > wine-1.1.37
> > steven@Yeshua:~$
>
> Then please try to force install:
>
> sudo dpkg --install --force-all e-sword-installer_steven.deb
>
> DK

Thanks David. Could what is causing the installation problems contribute to
crashing my system? I tried to install Strigi using KpackageKit; it wouldn't
open. I installed using Synaptic. I then tried to open kpackagekit again
thinking it might work now that a package manager had functioned. It did not.
I then booted to see if that might fix the problem. I now have a black screen.
The computer won't even boot a live CD. Until I get that fixed, I won't be
able to try the force command. Thanks for the help. Dark spirits seem to be
a bit active. Thanks for the help.

Steven