Old 01-24-2010, 09:06 AM
Dotan Cohen

Default Is there a source for the best performing and supported hardware kubuntu karmic 64bit?

> I am currently in the market for a gigabit router, and would like to purchase
> the most compatible and best functioning for my computer.

Glad to see you back!

It may be out of date, but take a look at the official *buntu Hardware
Compatibility List:
http://www.ubuntuhcl.org/

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

Old 01-24-2010, 05:44 PM
Dotan Cohen

2010/1/24 Eberhard Roloff <tuxebi@gmx.de>:
> On 01/24/2010 11:06 AM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>>> I am currently in the market for a gigabit router, and would like to purchase
>>> the most compatible and best functioning for my computer.
>>>

>> Glad to see you back!
>>
>> It may be out of date, but take a look at the official *buntu Hardware
>> Compatibility List:
>> http://www.ubuntuhcl.org/
>>
> Also glad to have you back, Steven.
>
> As far as I know, a gigabit router is a router that connects
> the attached machines with a gigabit switch.
>
> So there is nothing like a Ubuntu or windows capability, as
> long as it has a more or less intuitive http:// website,
> where you can configure your router features.

I only wish that were the case. One Cisco router (yes, Cicso!) had
most of he configuration in an Active X webpage: you need a windows
machine running IE >=6 to configure it properly. I cannot find the /.
article on that now.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com