Old 01-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Thomas Amberger

Default kmail Mailadress

Hello,

i have i problem with kmail. When i type in the adressfeld of a new mail,
kamil offers me a list of adresses fom my adressbook. I type two or three
letters and scrolls then in the list to the adress, where I'm looking for.

Kmail puts the name of every adress I scroll over, in front in the
adressfield. It looks like:

"Brown, "Tom, "Mail-Echo" <echo@TU-Berlin.de>

Is this a bug in kmail or is somthing wrong in my properties?

Thanks

Thomas

Old 01-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Thomas Amberger

Am Montag 07 Januar 2008 19:30:53 schrieb Thomas Amberger:
> Hello,
>
> i have i problem with kmail. When i type in the adressfeld of a new mail,
> kamil offers me a list of adresses fom my adressbook. I type two or three
> letters and scrolls then in the list to the adress, where I'm looking for.
>
> Kmail puts the name of every adress I scroll over, in front in the
> adressfield. It looks like:
>
> "Brown, "Tom, "Mail-Echo" <echo@TU-Berlin.de>
>
> Is this a bug in kmail or is somthing wrong in my properties?
>
> Thanks
>
> Thomas

I fogott something:

I use Kubuntu 7.10 and this issue is since i updateted from the erlier version

Old 01-08-2008, 11:17 AM
Derek Broughton

Thomas Amberger wrote:

> Am Montag 07 Januar 2008 19:30:53 schrieb Thomas Amberger:
>> Hello,
>>
>> i have i problem with kmail. When i type in the adressfeld of a new mail,
>> kamil offers me a list of adresses fom my adressbook. I type two or three
>> letters and scrolls then in the list to the adress, where I'm looking
>> for.
>>
>> Kmail puts the name of every adress I scroll over, in front in the
>> adressfield. It looks like:
>>
>> "Brown, "Tom, "Mail-Echo" <echo@TU-Berlin.de>
>>
>> Is this a bug in kmail or is somthing wrong in my properties?
>
> I use Kubuntu 7.10 and this issue is since i updateted from the erlier
> version

Can you try to explain this in a little more detail?

If I enter a single character, most of my address book will pop up and
scrolling down (using the cursor keys) will pop each one into the address
field in turn, but every one replaces the previous setting - so there's
only ever one address in the box. So I wonder what you are doing
differently.

Also, is that exactly what you're seeing? It's interesting that you have
two unterminated strings in the address field - which would indicate it
isn't even pulling in the whole field.
--
derek

Old 01-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Thomas Amberger

Hello,

Am Dienstag 08 Januar 2008 13:17:45 schrieb Derek Broughton:
> Can you try to explain this in a little more detail?

i will try it:

I open a new mail in kmail (I use Kontakt, but in kmail direkt its the same).
When i type one (or more) character in the to-field, kmail offers me a list
of adresses from my adressbook. Then i scroll to the adress, i wanted. If its
for example the third adress, kmail puts for every adress i scroll over the
first string of the name in front of the to-field. On the adress i want, i
press return and the adress will be added behind the beginnings of the
adresses before in the list. It looks like:

"Will, "Mark, "Mail-Echo" <echo@TU-Berlin.de>

I must delete the two false parts af the adress.
I used kmail in the two kubuntu-versions before 7.10 and it works ok.

Thanks

Thomas

Old 01-08-2008, 01:33 PM
Derek Broughton

Thomas Amberger wrote:

> Am Dienstag 08 Januar 2008 13:17:45 schrieb Derek Broughton:
>> Can you try to explain this in a little more detail?
>
> i will try it:
>
> I open a new mail in kmail (I use Kontakt, but in kmail direkt its the
> same).
> When i type one (or more) character in the to-field, kmail offers me a
> list
> of adresses from my adressbook. Then i scroll to the adress, i wanted. If
> its for example the third adress, kmail puts for every adress i scroll
> over the first string of the name in front of the to-field. On the adress
> i want, i press return and the adress will be added behind the beginnings
> of the adresses before in the list. It looks like:
>
> "Will, "Mark, "Mail-Echo" <echo@TU-Berlin.de>
>
> I must delete the two false parts af the adress.
> I used kmail in the two kubuntu-versions before 7.10 and it works ok.

Sorry, all I can say is it doesn't work that way for me :-(
--
derek