Old 01-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Eric

Default Upgrade existing Kubuntu 6.06 (Dapper Drake) to Kubuntu 7.10(GutsyGibbon) in one step

John L Fjellstad wrote:
> Eric <ejazzkatt@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I'm glad I could help. I wasn't so fortunate as you. As I mentioned I
>> had gone from from 6.06 to 6.6 to 7.04 successfully. When I tried to
>> upgrade to 7.10 the computer crashed somewhere near the end of the
>> installation. I have reinstalled 6.06 and I'm trying to decide what to
>> do. 6.06 has long term support as does 7.10.
>
> 7.10 doesn't have long-term support. 8.04 will have long term support.

I posted that awhile ago. I even tried again to install 7.10, going
through each release, step by step. No luck again when I got to 7.10. I
could see during the installation process that it was having a problem
opening a device a number of times.

I went back to using 6.06 and I'm happy.

Thanks for pointing out that 7.10 is not an LTS release.

Eric Jackson