Old 01-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Derek Broughton

Default Double size icons in Konqueror

Suddenly, yesterday, when browsing filesystems in Tree-view in konqueror,
the file icons started to show up at twice the usual size (and
correspondingly the text rows appear double-spaced). This seems to be true
of _every_ directory except my /home/derek folder!

Does anyone have an idea what controls this? Fumbling with konqueror
settings hasn't helped. The same double-sized icons exist in the Info- and
Detailed-List views, but not in the text view (indicating that it's
probably the icons causing the double-spacing, and not double-spacing the
text causing it to use larger icons).

It's a fairly safe bet that there's an alt- or ctrl- key combo that did it
(in fact, I'd bet it's alt- as I've been playing with virtual-box recently
and use a lot of right-alt combos).
--
derek

Old 01-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Karl

Derek Broughton wrote:
> Suddenly, yesterday, when browsing filesystems in Tree-view in konqueror,
> the file icons started to show up at twice the usual size (and
> correspondingly the text rows appear double-spaced). This seems to be true
> of _every_ directory except my /home/derek folder!
>
> Does anyone have an idea what controls this? Fumbling with konqueror
> settings hasn't helped. The same double-sized icons exist in the Info- and
> Detailed-List views, but not in the text view (indicating that it's
> probably the icons causing the double-spacing, and not double-spacing the
> text causing it to use larger icons).
>
> It's a fairly safe bet that there's an alt- or ctrl- key combo that did it
> (in fact, I'd bet it's alt- as I've been playing with virtual-box recently
> and use a lot of right-alt combos).

Did you try View -> Icon Size ?

Karl

Old 01-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Donn

I can't even get Konq to show me detailed-view as the default - it keeps
changing to icon-view, despite all my attempts :| Drives me nuts.

Your situation sounds odd. I found, by mistake, that ctrl+scroll mousewheel
changes the icon size, perhaps you can try that over the tree view.

Old 01-06-2008, 03:55 PM
Karl

Donn wrote:
> I can't even get Konq to show me detailed-view as the default - it keeps
> changing to icon-view, despite all my attempts :| Drives me nuts.

Go to Settings/Config Konqeror/File Associations.

Select Inode - directory. Click the Embedded tab and move the view you
want to the top.

This question keeps cropping up from time to time. There really should
be a less obscure way of doing this.

Karl

Old 01-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Donn

> This question keeps cropping up from time to time. There really should
> be a less obscure way of doing this.
Whoa - that was obscure, but thanks a million!

Old 01-07-2008, 02:33 PM
Derek Broughton

Karl wrote:

> Donn wrote:
>> I can't even get Konq to show me detailed-view as the default - it keeps
>> changing to icon-view, despite all my attempts :| Drives me nuts.
>>

> Go to Settings/Config Konqeror/File Associations.
>
> Select Inode - directory. Click the Embedded tab and move the view you
> want to the top.
>
> This question keeps cropping up from time to time. There really should
> be a less obscure way of doing this.

Indeed. I know how to do it, now, because I had to ask here twice (having
forgotten how after the first time).

Thanks for pointing out the Icon Size, Karl. That's actually considerably
less obscure than the file association issue (in fact, for everything but
my home dir it was set to Medium), but now I have to wonder what's special
about the home directory (which was set to Default). Fortunately changing
it to Default in another directory worked for everything.
--
derek