Old 01-05-2008, 02:05 PM
Derek Broughton

Default error configuring dhcdbd

Donn wrote:

>> dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von dhcdbd (--configure):
>> Unterprozess post-installation script gab den Fehlerwert 1 zurck
> Not likely to get much help unless you can translate that message for us.

What? You've never seen that message?

It's something to the effect of:

configuration failed for package dhcbd
a post-installation script exited with return code 1"

The real message should be above, but:
invoke-rc.d: initscript dhcdbd, action "start" failed.
isn't informative.

I know I've had this happen, but can't remember why, or how to fix it.
--
derek

Old 01-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Ulrich Grn

Also schrieben Sie am Samstag, 5. Januar 2008 16:00:29:
> > dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von dhcdbd (--configure):
> > Unterprozess post-installation script gab den Fehlerwert 1 zurck
>
> Not likely to get much help unless you can translate that message for us.

It says something like: "error with processing of dhcdbd (--configure):
child process post-installation script exited with error code 1".

(HTH ;-)

--
Greetz,
Ulrich.

Old 01-05-2008, 02:19 PM
Ulrich Grn

Am Samstag, 5. Januar 2008 16:05:38 schrieb Derek Broughton:
> The real message should be above, but:
> invoke-rc.d: initscript dhcdbd, action "start" failed.
> isn't informative.

I would hope that the script behaved with more verbosity.

> I know I've had this happen, but can't remember why, or how to fix it.

Until now it isn't a big problem. But for consistency reasons (and to prevent
it from becomming a real problem in the future), I would really like to have
it fixed . . .

I allready reinstalled the packages, but that did not help.

--
Greetz,
Ulrich.
WU WEI
The Sage is occupied with the unspoken, and acts without effort.
Teaching without verbosity, producing without possessing,
creating without regard to result, claiming nothing,
the Sage has nothing to lose. [Tao Te Ching, by Priya Hemenway]
`,,`,,`,,`, ,`,,`,,`
OS: Kubuntu 7.10 (Linux)

Old 01-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Donn

> It says something like: "error with processing of dhcdbd (--configure):
> child process post-installation script exited with error code 1".
Hmmm. Which post installation script did the failing is the question?
What does dmesg and/or the log have to say? Is there an apt error log
somewhere?

You could try run
/the/right/dir/dhcdbd --configure
And see what it says.

You might have gathered that I'm clueless Just trying to prompt your
grey-cells.

I have a low-traffic blog for basic news:
http://otherwiseingle.blogspot.com/

Old 01-05-2008, 02:23 PM
Donn

> What? You've never seen that message?
I've lived a sheltered life

Old 01-05-2008, 08:20 PM
Derek Broughton

Donn wrote:

>> What? You've never seen that message?
> I've lived a sheltered life

LOL. I did something not too long ago that mucked up slocate, and it seemed
every time I fixed it, the problem would come back. I got this message a
lot (and, as I say, I'm sure I've seen it with dhcdbd, too).
--
derek