Old 01-05-2008, 01:43 PM
Ulrich Grn

Default error configuring dhcdbd

Hi all,

I had to reinstall dhcdbd (accidentally, I removed it). Since then I get the
message that configuring of dhcdbd failed. A result of this is, that
network-manager, network-manager-kde and knetworkmanager cannot be
configured as well (because they depend on dhcdbd).

The output after an 'apt-get upgrade' is following:

Richte dhcdbd ein (2.0-5ubuntu1) ...
* Reloading system message bus config... [ OK ]
* Starting DHCP D-Bus daemon dhcdbd
invoke-rc.d: initscript dhcdbd, action "start" failed.
dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von dhcdbd (--configure):
Unterprozess post-installation script gab den Fehlerwert 1 zurck

Does anybody have an idea how I can solve this problem? The versions of called
packages are the ones in the Kubuntu 7.10 repositories.
--
Thanks,
Ulrich.

Old 01-05-2008, 02:00 PM
Donn

> dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von dhcdbd (--configure):
> Unterprozess post-installation script gab den Fehlerwert 1 zurck
Not likely to get much help unless you can translate that message for us.

http://otherwiseingle.blogspot.com/