-   -   Kontract with other EMail Client (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/274-kontract-other-email-client.html)

Clay Weber 11-18-2007 04:30 PM

Rene wrote:

> Nils Kassube wrote:
>> Rene wrote:
>>> Is it possible to bind another email client as KMail in
>>> Kontract....Thunderbird for example ?
>> I don't know if it works with Kontact (I have no other email client
>> installed), but you could try this: Goto System Settings -> Personal /
>> KDE Components -> Default Applications -> Email Client. Select "Use a
>> different email client:" and enter the path to thunderbird.
>>

>> Nils
>>
> ...nice idea. but nothing changed....KMail ist still the default eMail
> client
> in Kontact. It drives me nuts !
>
> Rene

The above steps will only change the default email client Kubunbtu uses.
You cannot embed another email client into contact.

claydoh

Rene 11-18-2007 05:03 PM

Kontract with other EMail Client

Derek Broughton 11-18-2007 05:30 PM

Rene wrote:

> Nils Kassube wrote:
>> Rene wrote:
>>> Is it possible to bind another email client as KMail in
>>> Kontract....Thunderbird for example ?

Kontact!

>> I don't know if it works with Kontact (I have no other email client
>> installed), but you could try this: Goto System Settings -> Personal /
>> KDE Components -> Default Applications -> Email Client. Select "Use a
>> different email client:" and enter the path to thunderbird.
>>

> ...nice idea. but nothing changed....KMail ist still the default eMail
> client in Kontact. It drives me nuts !

KMail is integrated with kontact - it's not tightly coupled to kontact, but
it _is_ coupled, and there's no way that thunderbird could replace it.
Just completely turn off kmail in kontact, if you don't want it.
--
derek

Rene 11-18-2007 06:57 PM

Kontract with other EMail Client