Old 03-14-2009, 02:48 PM

Default Beginner Upgrading

Hello Kubuntu users:

I ordered a kubuntu 8.10 from amazon for a couple of 2004 E-series
CPUs ripe-clean I got from DeVry because they upgraded some computer
rooms.*

*

One I has the Kubuntu in it, and the other I was going to turn
into a NAS and plug some external hard drives to it.* But I was thinking
it might be easier to get the Ubuntu server version for the other CPU.*
Right now I have them side-by-side, and my plan was to plug both into my
wireless belkin router on my desk since they are not too wide.* But I was
also thinking of connecting the extra one to my TV and attaching a wireless receiver to it
instead or running a long Ethernet cord across my bedroom to my router.* Opinions on preferred network topology in this scenario? I've attached my idea from Visio.

Also I finally figured out how to get rid of the Open Office
2.4 and put the 3.0 in there, but I didn�t like the GUI�s and it worked better
in the terminal.* So, I prefer advice that way for my updating question.

*

I tried adding the deb url software updates for Ooo3 and I
got broken links?* Is this a known problem?* I had to download the
Ooo3 version off their website to get it to work right.

*

Update questions?

My system says it�s 4.1KDE.* Am I suppose the update
that?** Sudo ???

*

Once I figure out how to do Twilight Hack for the Wii, I
would also like to add that to my network, so* I need to figure out some
things.

*

One Kubuntu CPU

One Empty CPU � server?

One Vista laptop

One wannabe hacked Wii

*

I want the Kubuntu CPU to be the head honcho.

*

Should I just wait for 9.04 before doing too much
customizing or is that upgradable?*

*

Where are software sources for Kubuntu?* I only got
mediubuntu so far.* And the one with Ooo didn�t work right, so, are their
others?

*

Thanks

Twitter.com/philena