Old 01-01-2008, 11:41 PM
Clark

Default Further ? OOO

Hi Donn,

Looking at the amount of time the OOO Spell bug has cost me I have an
alternative suggestion.

1. I delete / remove OOO
How?
2. Reinstall
How?
3. run with defaults unchanged and if spell works
4. Personalise the options 1by 1 until it stops working

This way I will be able to report the Bug with specific causes.

Is this a viable option? Your help with the Hows? please, I suspect
command line is the way to go.

Clark.

Old 01-02-2008, 03:06 AM
Donn

Clark,
> 1. I delete / remove OOO
> How?
Given that OOO comes as a package on *buntu I'd *hope* one could remove it via
the manager (Adept or Synaptic) - but it may be too tightly bound to a bunch
of other packages to actually give you a pain-free time of it.

> 2. Reinstall
> How?
If the packaged version is the problem then re-using it won't really help. It
sounds like one of those times that going to the latest version is needed. I
would fetch the app from OOO's website and figure out how to install it - and
then install it to some totally different directory, maybe /opt which is
where stuff like that goes.

> 3. run with defaults unchanged and if spell works
> 4. Personalise the options 1by 1 until it stops working
Yes sounds good. You will burn a lot of time though. Perhaps a web-search of
bugs already reported will yield better results.
After that, I'd try to use the OOO version, as-installed by *buntu, and
document the steps to demonstrate the bug. Include your O/S version and OOO
version numbers and then report that as a bug. No need to get all forensic,
simply show others how to fall over the same problem.

> I suspect command line is the way to go.
The cli is always the way to go But you don't need to add suffering to woe
right now - it's a thing worth learning, but KISS for the moment.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:07 AM
Sylviane et Perry White

On Wednesday 02 January 2008 05:06, Donn wrote:
> After that, I'd try to use the OOO version, as-installed by *buntu, and
> document the steps to demonstrate the bug.
Perhaps submit this to the list and see if someone can confirm the bug.
> Include your O/S version and OOO
> version numbers and then report that as a bug.
First check it hasn't been already reported.
> No need to get all forensic,
> simply show others how to fall over the same problem.

Greetings Perry

--
BOFH excuse #345: Having to manually track the satellite