Old 03-17-2009, 05:57 AM
Steven Vollom

Default no sound RESOLVED with an Jaunty update.

Howard Coles Jr. wrote:
> On Monday 16 March 2009 11:45:39 am ndemalia armstrong wrote:
> > hello! guys, just wondering if anyone has come across this problem I'm
> > having, I've the ubuntu intrepid the
> > 64 bits version when I play a video or music using Firefox, the video
> > plays with no sound.Any help in resolving this problem
> > will be greatly appreciated
> > Armstrong
> > "love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend"
>

> What multimedia apps do you have installed vs. what plugins to
> Firefox? Have you tried downloading the video and opening it with
> various apps until the sound plays?
>

> Just covering some basics. Due to your message I'm assuming that you
> get sound when you're playing video outside Firefox, but I don't like
> assuming.
>

> --
> See Ya'
> Howard Coles Jr.
> John 3:16!

I just noticed your John 3:16. I love GOD too. In fact the only
windows program I use in Wine is e-Sword. It is a wonderful Bible
program. I am sorry you misunderstood me on that other issue. It is
OK, just the world in action. It seems like the update may have come
just after my post. I probably should have waited a day or two, before
posting to now waste anyone's time. Sometimes I don't think well.
Anyway the update fixed several problems I was experiencing, none too
serious. If you are not using Jaunty yet, the Alpha version is less
problematic that Hardy or Intrepid. It is amazing. When I clicked on
Hardware and chose the nVidia upgrade to 180.37, the video portion of my
computer is just plain incredible. The 3D effects are amazing. Images
look truly 3 dimentional. And color quality and crispness is great.

Additionally, I could not get Kmail to install on Intrepid, with or
without help and eventually relented to Thunderbird. When I tried
install in Jaunty, I entered POP and SMTP address and that was about
all. Took perhaps 15 seconds to do, and it work instantly. Jaunty is
amazing, and a real alternative to Windows. The fact that it is better
and free will probably take like wild-fire, especially in these tough
economic times. Thanks!!

Cheers to the One Who paid for us all,

Steven

Steven