Old 03-14-2009, 02:24 PM
Eberhard Roloff

Default how to ignore threads in thunderbird

Hi,

I am finding that more often than before, certain threads in this list
slowly but surely tend to get a "never ending" character, where a rather
basic question is discussed over and over again. And there apparently is
no stop, even after numerous solutions have been given.

While this is absolutely OK and most people will surely enjoy, I
personally sometimes feel, that after a certain amount of time, this
will inevitably get to my nerves.;-)

So I wanted to ask how to simply ignore threads in Thunderbird. I tried
but did not find an obvious solution.

I also tried with "Mark this thread as read". It works, but any time,
when new messages are flooding in, the thread is reopened, once again.

Luckily Google found the addon "Right Click Watch Ignore" for me.

It also works when reading the list via gmane.

So I can happily answer my own question.

Highly recommended if you want to ignore threads

Eberhard

Old 03-14-2009, 03:24 PM
Norberto Bensa

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 1:24 PM, Eberhard Roloff <tuxebi@gmx.de> wrote:
> Luckily Google found the addon "Right Click Watch Ignore" for me.
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/3135
>
> It also works when reading the list via gmane.
>
> So I can happily answer my own question.
>
> Highly recommended if you want to ignore threads

If you find something for Gmail, other from "mute" which only works
for Inbox :-( , or "filter by subject->mark read/delete", I would also
like to know.

Thanks,
Norberto

Old 03-14-2009, 03:52 PM
Eberhard Roloff

Norberto Bensa wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 1:24 PM, Eberhard Roloff <tuxebi@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Luckily Google found the addon "Right Click Watch Ignore" for me.
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/3135
>>
>> It also works when reading the list via gmane.
>>
>> So I can happily answer my own question.
>>
>> Highly recommended if you want to ignore threads
>
> If you find something for Gmail, other from "mute" which only works
> for Inbox :-( , or "filter by subject->mark read/delete", I would also
> like to know.
>
> Thanks,
> Norberto

Norberto,

just for me to understand, not knowing gmail:
"Using Thunderbird with "Right Click Watch Ignore" does not work for
you, apparently?

"Gmail" means, you are using a web interface?

Thanks and regards
Eberhard

Old 03-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Norberto Bensa

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 2:52 PM, Eberhard Roloff <tuxebi@gmx.de> wrote:

> "Gmail" means, you are using a web interface?

Yes.

Regards,
Norberto