Old 03-12-2009, 10:04 PM
bubba

Default grub error 22??? help

I have installed kubuntu with a cd created from iso downloaded, on a pen
drive.
When i made a partition i have partitioned the pen drive.
When i restarted the computer whitout the pen drive inside the system
did not start GRUB ERROR 22.
The computer start only with the pen drive inside.
How can i solve this problem?
If i make a new partition of my hard disk in which i install Kubuntu the
computer will works whitout any problem?
Thanks all for helping me, and sorry for my english.

Old 03-13-2009, 06:25 AM
Nils Kassube

bubba wrote:
> I have installed kubuntu with a cd created from iso downloaded, on a
> pen drive.
> When i made a partition i have partitioned the pen drive.
> When i restarted the computer whitout the pen drive inside the system
> did not start GRUB ERROR 22.
> The computer start only with the pen drive inside.

Your problem is the installation on the pen drive. Obviously the
installer used the first hard disk instead of the pen drive to install
grub. Now the machine starts booting grub from the disk and grub wants
to load further parts from the pen drive partition.

> How can i solve this problem?

That depends on what you have on the machine. If it is Windows, you
could use the fixmbr option (sorry, I can't help you further with
Windows). If it is (any) Linux with grub you could reinstall grub from
a LiveCD. See <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/GrubHowto>
chapter "Backup, Repairing and Reinstalling GRUB".

> If i make a new partition of my hard disk in which i install Kubuntu
> the computer will works whitout any problem?

Yes, if you install Kubuntu on the hard disk it should work without the
pen drive afterwards. The installer will write a new grub to the MBR
with the correct setup for the hard disk.

Nils