Old 03-11-2009, 06:08 PM
"Shyamal Pandya1"

Default RHEL 4 : how can I make initrd for kernel version different from the base kernel

Hi,

*

The
RHEL 4 update 7 installation CD installs the kernel with version 2.6.9-78.EL
and therefore must contain corresponding vmlinuz and initrd.img. However I
would like to have an all modules initrd that is used during installation but
for a different version (2.6.9-78.0.13.EL).

Is
there a way in which I could obtain/make such an initrd?

*

Thanks,

Shyamal