Old 01-01-2008, 09:38 AM
Clark

Default Change Default to T/Bird & Firefox

I have just loaded Kbuntu.
Question:
I want to change my default Email to Thunderbird (and Firefox browser)
but the method given in Q/A 7077 (see below for link) is to " Navigate
to System Preferences Preferred Applications" I can find System in
the K Menu but there is only an array of programs; Adept, Dolphin etc.
I can't find any trace of Preferences can someone help.

Clark

https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdebase/+question/7077

Old 01-01-2008, 09:52 AM
cary Bielenberg

Clark wrote:

I have just loaded Kbuntu.
Question:
I want to change my default Email to Thunderbird (and Firefox browser)
but the method given in Q/A 7077 (see below for link) is to " Navigate
to System Preferences Preferred Applications" I can find System in
the K Menu but there is only an array of programs; Adept, Dolphin etc.
I can't find any trace of Preferences can someone help.

Clark

https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdebase/+question/7077

Clark,
Just copy mine!

Cheers Cary

Old 01-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Donn

> I can't find any trace of Preferences can someone help.
K -> System Settings (it's a program, not a menu item)

hth

Old 01-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Clark

Donn wrote:

I can't find any trace of Preferences can someone help.

K -> System Settings (it's a program, not a menu item)

hth

I had tried System Settings before and there was no indication of
preferences or preferred applications, either in System Settings or
System Settings Advanced.

C.

Old 01-01-2008, 10:13 AM
cary Bielenberg

Donn wrote:

I can't find any trace of Preferences can someone help.

K -> System Settings (it's a program, not a menu item)

hth

Donn,

********* K button -> System Settings -> Default Applications
-> Email Client

Cheers Cary

Old 01-01-2008, 10:46 AM
cary Bielenberg

Clark wrote:

cary Bielenberg wrote:

Donn wrote:

I can't find any trace of Preferences can someone help.

K -> System Settings (it's a program, not a menu item)

hth

Donn,

********* K button -> System Settings -> Default Applications
-> Email Client

Cheers Cary

Thanks,

Clark

I sent a screen shot before but It got moderated for being too large :'(

Cary

Old 01-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Clark

Thanks,

not quite as intuitive as some, command line is more and more the way
to go.

Clark.

cary Bielenberg wrote: