Old 03-11-2009, 07:28 AM
Johnny Ernst Nielsen

Default How do I put the kmenu button back on the panel in Intrepid KDE 4.2?

Greetings Steven.

tirsdag den 10. Marts 2009 kvad Steven Vollom:
> Somehow my panel Kmenu got changed to traditional. I actually
> preferred the new style, so I decided to remove the Plasmoid that
> is the current Traditional Kmenu. I removed it OK, but was unable
> to install the other type menu. So I added the Kmenu feature back
> to the Plasmoids. This is where the problem comes: The Kmail
> button is on the Desktop, but is not on the panel. I have tried to
> drag it to the panel; it refused. I looked for installation
> options, but could not find any. Does anyone have an idea how to
> do it. Even better, does anyone know how to find and install the
> new Kmenu button to the panel. That would be my first choice.

Unlock widgets.
Hover your mouse pointer over the KMenu button on the desktop, until
its plasmoid toolbar pops out.
Drag the KMenu button, by its plasmoid toolbar, from the desktop to
the panel (yes it is possible).
Right click the KMenu button, and select "Switch to Kickoff Menu
Style".
Lock widgets.

Best regards

Johnny )