-   -   How to add new ttf fonts ? (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/26092-how-add-new-ttf-fonts.html)

homayoon taheri 01-01-2008 06:34 AM

How to add new ttf fonts ?

How can I add new ttf fonts to kubuntu 7.10

"D. Michael McIntyre" 01-01-2008 07:17 AM

How to add new ttf fonts ?

On Tuesday 01 January 2008, homayoon taheri wrote:

> How can I add new ttf fonts to kubuntu 7.10

I'll answer you (hic) after I wake up (hic) tomrrow (hic) with a massive,
gigantic (hic) hangowver.

Herry New Year1

(Its prteey ease, but not so obvouisu.)
--
D. Michael McIntyre

Johnny Ernst Nielsen 01-01-2008 07:19 AM

How to add new ttf fonts ?

tirsdag den 1. Januar 2008 kvad homayoon taheri:
> How can I add new ttf fonts to kubuntu 7.10

Press Alt+F2
Run command:
help:/kubuntu/config-desktop/tips.html#fonts

Best regards
Johnny :o)

Donn 01-01-2008 07:59 AM

How to add new ttf fonts ?

> How can I add new ttf fonts to kubuntu 7.10
Shameless plug: You could use Fonty Python and then keep all your fonts in a
folder somewhere and only install the ones you need at any one time.

This has the advantage of keeping your font chooser dialogues shorter (and
trust me, if you install font packages from the repos you *will* be scrolling
through vast gobi deserts of fonts looking for one you can use!).

Here's the link: https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/fontypython/

It's not a KDE app, but fits right-in anyway.

It does not solve the "where do I get fonts from in the first place" problem,
but there are many free fonts available on the web.

Gene Heskett 01-01-2008 02:14 PM

How to add new ttf fonts ?

On Tuesday 01 January 2008, Donn wrote:
>> How can I add new ttf fonts to kubuntu 7.10
>
>Shameless plug: You could use Fonty Python and then keep all your fonts in a
>folder somewhere and only install the ones you need at any one time.
>
> This has the advantage of keeping your font chooser dialogues shorter (and
>trust me, if you install font packages from the repos you *will* be
> scrolling through vast gobi deserts of fonts looking for one you can use!).
>
>Here's the link: https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/fontypython/
>
>It's not a KDE app, but fits right-in anyway.
>
>It does not solve the "where do I get fonts from in the first place"
> problem, but there are many free fonts available on the web.

To shorten the OP's search, I've found goldenweb.it a virtual gold mine of
high quality fonts.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Christian Schult 01-02-2008 08:12 AM

How to add new ttf fonts ?

Hello homayoon,

* homayoon taheri <h_taheri@isc.iranet.net>:

> How can I add new ttf fonts to kubuntu 7.10

With KDE: K-Menu -> System Settings -> Appearance -> Font Installer.
You can install fonts into your home, what I would prefer, or use
administrator mode to install fonts into the system for all users.

The downloaded fonts you want to install should be unzipped to an
temporary directory before to select them from there.

Christian

--
(morganj): 0 is false and 1 is true, correct?
(alec_eso): 1, morganj