-   -   plasma crashes at login (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/260240-plasma-crashes-login.html)

Alain Muls 03-10-2009 07:02 AM

plasma crashes at login

Hi All

Since yesterday I notice that at login plasma crashes.

I can open up a konsole (using Alt-F2) and run plasma to get to the desktop and work. Has anyone else had the same problem and how to resolve it?

Alain

Alain MULS alain.muls@telenet.be

CISS-GENA +32.2.7426340

Renaissance Avenue 30

1000 BRUSSELS - Belgium

Protect your freedom, join the Fellowship of FSFE!

http://www.fsfe.org

Jonas Norlander 03-10-2009 07:40 AM

plasma crashes at login

2009/3/10 Alain Muls <alain.muls@telenet.be>:
> Hi All
>
> Since yesterday I notice that at login plasma crashes.
> I can open up a konsole (using Alt-F2) and run plasma to get to the desktop
> and work. Has anyone else had the same problem and how to resolve it?
>
> Alain

Not at login but sometimes buggy plasmoids will make plasma crash for
me. Have you checked your ~/.xsession-errors for clues?

/ Jonas

Pascal Francq 03-10-2009 12:17 PM

plasma crashes at login

I have the same problem, when I launch plasma, it crashes. I have remove the
files related to plasma in ~/.kde/share/apps and ~/.kde/share/config, and I
can launch it.

--

Prof. Pascal Francq
Université Libre de Bruxelles