Old 03-10-2009, 07:02 PM
Mike Shaw

Default Cloning application for Microsoft Windows

Then like I originally said g4l or g4u should do the trick. You will
need to look at their instructions and decide which one you want to
use. Main difference for my money is g4l is Linux based and younger.
g4u is BSD based and more mature. Both of these require you use a
boot CD and then clone. But I'm not going to go into detailed
instructions because I know their documentation covers usage pretty
well.

The main trick is if the 40g is local or over a network. Then you may
have to do some "outside the box" setup. For instance when I was
cloning Windoze machines via a network I had setup a Linux box, that
initially, did not have an ftp server with all the needed commands for
g4u to work. So in the end I had to go find the right ftp server on
the net, pull it down, configure it and install it. Sounds like a lot
of work but it was really probably just 10 or so commands.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:33 PM
Mark Greenwood

On Tuesday 10 March 2009 19:17:12 Ray Burke wrote:

> Shaw,
>
> I want to be able to clone my 40gb Kubuntu drive with 3 partitions, to a backup
> 40gb with exactly the same partitions
>

> ray

Ray,

I think what you want is CloneZilla:

http://clonezilla.org/

It's not Windows, but it's a bootable CD and will allow you to do what you describe above.

Mark

Old 03-11-2009, 12:39 AM
Mike Shaw

Great call Mark! I had completely forgot about clonezilla!

Old 03-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Ray Burke

Mark,

Thanks will look into it!!!!!!!

ray

> Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 21:39:03 -0400
> Subject: Re: [OT] Cloning application for Microsoft Windows
> From: mdshaw89@gmail.com
> To: kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
>
> Great call Mark! I had completely forgot about clonezilla!
>
> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Mark Greenwood <fatgerman@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 10 March 2009 19:17:12 Ray Burke wrote:
> >>
> >> Shaw,
> >>
> >> I want to be able to clone my 40gb Kubuntu drive with 3 partitions, to a backup
> >> 40gb with exactly the same partitions
> >>

> >> ray
> >
> > Ray,
> >
> > I think what you want is CloneZilla:
> >
> > http://clonezilla.org/
> >
> > It's not Windows, but it's a bootable CD and will allow you to do what you describe above.
> >
> > Mark

Mark,

Thanks will look into it!!!!!!!

ray