-   -   how to support gif in pdf file converted from openoffice (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/259650-how-support-gif-pdf-file-converted-openoffice.html)

Da Liu 03-09-2009 11:50 AM

how to support gif in pdf file converted from openoffice

Hello every body!
*I am a fresh user of linux.
*I can see the animation of gif in my openoffice word file, then export to PDF, and* then the gif is static.
Is there any solution to deal with it?
Or Is there any other way to show animations in PDF except gif?

Waiting for ur suggestions~

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 5:49 PM, Jonas Norlander <jonorland@gmail.com> wrote:

2009/3/9 D. R. Evans <doc.evans@gmail.com>:

> Most desktop plasmoids in 4.2 seem to have thick black borders.

> Is there any easy way to get rid of them? Even just making them thinner

> would be an improvement.

> I looked in System Settings and nothing struck me as obvious.

> *Doc

As far as I understand it's the Desktop theme creator that decides how

the plasmoid should look (including the borders) and there are no

global settings for that. The only plasmoid I found you can change

borders in is the Picture frame where you can toggle "frame" in the

settings. I have some themes with really thick borders but there are

many that don't have it so try to find one you like.

/ Jonas

Jonas Norlander 03-09-2009 12:58 PM

2009/3/9 Da Liu <daliu99@gmail.com>:
> Hello every body!
> *I am a fresh user of linux.
> *I can see the animation of gif in my openoffice word file, then export to
> PDF, and* then the gif is static.
> Is there any solution to deal with it?
> Or Is there any other way to show animations in PDF except gif?
> Waiting for ur suggestions~

I have never heard or seen animated pictures in PDF but a quick Google
suggests that you can use flash animation in PDF.

/ Jonas