-   -   installation of apps like Klamav (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/259338-installation-apps-like-klamav.html)

Alan Dacey 03-08-2009 09:45 PM

Ray Burke wrote:
> Derek,
>
> I got my adept_manager working agin with $ apt-get update, then install
> klamav,
> but viruis scanner stops at 35% trying to scan some
> /home/rayburke/.strigi/culcene files,
> but must be a way to avert scanning these???????

Click on the 'Home Folder'/'Device'/'System Folder', whatever you are going to
scan. Make sure that the 'Scan Folders Recursively' box is NOT checked. Then
expand your folders and uncheck what you do not want to be scanned.

--
Alan

"The second most satisfying thing in life is to totally understand a complicated
concept. If you are very lucky you may attain *the* most satisfying thing in
life and actually grok it."

Ray Burke 03-09-2009 03:39 AM

installation of apps like Klamav

Alan,

*

OK thats why not working as used just default which has the

'Scan Folders Recursively' box*ticked?????????, so I will give a go and bypass

the .stringi************* right

ray
*