Old 03-08-2009, 02:32 PM
John Anderson

Default Remastersys Backup

> On Sunday 08 March 2009, John Anderson wrote:
> >Hi, All
> >
> >I have run remastersys backup and chose the second option "Make
> > distribution copy to share with friends"
>
> What in tunket in 'remastersys'? Never heard of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remastersys

[cut]

Best Regards
John

Old 03-08-2009, 03:07 PM
Gene Heskett

On Sunday 08 March 2009, John Anderson wrote:
>> On Sunday 08 March 2009, John Anderson wrote:
>> >Hi, All
>> >
>> >I have run remastersys backup and chose the second option "Make
>> > distribution copy to share with friends"
>>
>> What in tunket in 'remastersys'? Never heard of it.
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remastersys

Thanks, I wasn't aware such a tool was available.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Old 03-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Bruce Marshall

On Sunday 08 March 2009, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >> What in tunket in 'remastersys'? Never heard of it.
> >
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remastersys
>
> Thanks, I wasn't aware such a tool was available.

You bring up a valid point. I am always seeing queries here as to:

"anyone had any success getting the BelchFire program to run?"

And the first thing I think is "gee, I've never heard of BelchFire. I wonder
what it does."

And the second thing is "well, if I don't know what it does I certainly
wouldn't know whether it runs or not."

And I go on about my business.... It would be great if people asking
questions about these 'lesser known' programs might throw in a sentence as to
what they do. You might find someone who would like the same capability who
would help to get it running.

Just my $.02

Old 03-08-2009, 11:06 PM
"Howard Coles Jr."

On Sunday 08 March 2009 10:32:05 am John Anderson wrote:

> > On Sunday 08 March 2009, John Anderson wrote:

> > >Hi, All

> > >I have run remastersys backup and chose the second option "Make

> > > distribution copy to share with friends"

> > What in tunket in 'remastersys'? Never heard of it.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remastersys

> [cut]

> Best Regards

> John

Looks intreging, but, . . . I'll wait 'till you find out what hosed your system. I don't want to be the next guy asking :-D.

--

See Ya'

Howard Coles Jr.

John 3:16!

Old 03-09-2009, 07:14 AM
John Anderson

> > > What in tunket in 'remastersys'? Never heard of it.
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remastersys
> >
> > [cut]
> >
> > Best Regards
> > John
>
> Looks intreging, but, . . . I'll wait 'till you find out what hosed your
> system. I don't want to be the next guy asking :-D.

Well as it created the dvd iso ok! I just burnt it and was back up in minuets,
however if it had not created the iso I would have had it.

Now if I knew which files to save before the run I could restore them after the
run IYSWIM, trouble is I am not that proficient to understand which files define
the users of a system.

I can't understand why the program does not do this as a mater of course, I
should join a remastersys user group and ask in there, I was hoping that a
Kubuntu guru would have the answer.

Best Regards
John