-   -   Remastersys Backup (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/259134-remastersys-backup.html)

John Anderson 03-08-2009 01:30 PM

Remastersys Backup

Hi, All

I have run remastersys backup and chose the second option "Make distribution
copy to share with friends"

There appeared to be no problems, I even burnt the resulting iso, however
after a reboot I could no longer login to my running system, with any user, is
this a bug or have I done something wrong.

Best regards
John

Gene Heskett 03-08-2009 02:04 PM

Remastersys Backup

On Sunday 08 March 2009, John Anderson wrote:
>Hi, All
>
>I have run remastersys backup and chose the second option "Make distribution
>copy to share with friends"

What in tunket in 'remastersys'? Never heard of it.

I use amanda here, and amanda goes to extreme lengths to make sure the
recovery target IS the machine that made the backups, as to do otherwise is a
huge security hole.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)