Old 03-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Ray Burke

Default (should read)- installation of apps like Klamav

From: rayburke30@hotmail.com
To: kubuntu-users-owner@lists.ubuntu.com; kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com; kubuntu-users-request@lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: (should read)-installation of apps like Klamav
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 07:49:28 +1100

anyone help

I know there is a procedure you run thru the terminal window to install a app
like Klamav, as my adept_manager not working properly as not seen in it,
I am running Kubuntu 8.0.4 with kde 3.5?????, I think it is dpkg-install klamav
or something similar

ray

Download the new Windows Live Messenger Find out what’s new with your friends
Download the new Windows Live Messenger Find out what’s new with your friends

Old 03-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Willy Hamra

2009/3/7 Ray Burke <rayburke30@hotmail.com>:

> ________________________________
> From: rayburke30@hotmail.com
> To: kubuntu-users-owner@lists.ubuntu.com; kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com;
> kubuntu-users-request@lists.ubuntu.com
> Subject: (should read)-installation of apps like Klamav
> Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 07:49:28 +1100
>
> anyone help
>
> I know there is a procedure you run thru the terminal window to install a
> app
> like Klamav, as my adept_manager not working properly as not seen in it,
> I am running Kubuntu 8.0.4 with kde 3.5?????, I think it is dpkg-install
> klamav
> or something similar
>
> ray

lol
Ray, it's either apt-get or aptitude, type the following:

sudo apt-get install klamav

--
Willy K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems

Old 03-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Ray Burke

Willy,

Thanks will give it a try

ray

Old 03-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Steven Vollom

Ray Burke wrote:

> From: rayburke30@hotmail.com
> To: kubuntu-users-owner@lists.ubuntu.com;
> kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com; kubuntu-users-request@lists.ubuntu.com
> Subject: (should read)-installation of apps like Klamav
> Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 07:49:28 +1100
>
> anyone help
>
> I know there is a procedure you run thru the terminal window to
> install a app
> like Klamav, as my adept_manager not working properly as not seen in it,
> I am running Kubuntu 8.0.4 with kde 3.5?????, I think it is
> dpkg-install klamav
> or something similar
>
> ray

> Download the new Windows Live Messenger Find out what’s new with your
> friends <http://download.live.com/>
> Download the new Windows Live Messenger Find out what’s new with your
> friends <http://download.live.com/>
Ray, I am a newbie too, but I believe you want to type in sudo apt-get
install Klamav if you want to install. If you want to fix a broken
installation, I think you use the dpkg code, but that is not all you
type in, and I cannot remember the right code right now. I am solving a
complicated problem and my mind is distracted, I just saw your entry and
thought I might be able to help you.

Steven

Old 03-07-2009, 10:18 PM
Derek Broughton

Please don't do this. We'll answer your question, or not. Asking again
with subjects like "(should read)..." is _not_ likely to get more help.

Ray Burke wrote:

> I know there is a procedure you run thru the terminal window to install a
> app like Klamav, as my adept_manager not working properly as not seen in
> it, I am running Kubuntu 8.0.4 with kde 3.5?????, I think it is
> dpkg-install klamav or something similar

dpkg won't help you - it needs to already be on your system before you can
use dpkg.

I very much doubt the problem is adept-manager. Searching in adept
for "virus" is probably better, since "apt-cache search antivirus" seems to
find most related products.
--
derek

Old 03-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Ray Burke

Derek,

I got my adept_manager working agin with $ apt-get update, then install klamav,
but viruis scanner stops at 35% trying to scan some /home/rayburke/.strigi/culcene files,
but must be a way to avert scanning these???????

ray