-   -   re install apps like Klamav (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/258836-re-install-apps-like-klamav.html)

Ray Burke 03-07-2009 07:49 PM

re install apps like Klamav

anyone help

I know there is a procedure you run thru the terminal window to install a app
like Klamav, as my adept_manager not working properly as not seen in it,
I am running Kubuntu 8.0.4 with kde 3.5?????, I think it is dpkg-install klamav
or something similar

ray

Download the new Windows Live Messenger Find out what’s new with your friends

Nils Kassube 03-07-2009 08:40 PM

re install apps like Klamav

Ray Burke wrote:
> I know there is a procedure you run thru the terminal window to
> install a app like Klamav, as my adept_manager not working properly
> as not seen in it, I am running Kubuntu 8.0.4 with kde 3.5?????, I
> think it is dpkg-install klamav or something similar

It is

sudo apt-get install klamav

and if you want to get something better (IMHO) than adept-manager try
synaptic. You can install it with

sudo apt-get install synaptic

Nils

Steven Vollom 03-07-2009 09:03 PM

re install apps like Klamav

Ray Burke wrote:
> anyone help
>
> I know there is a procedure you run thru the terminal window to
> install a app
> like Klamav, as my adept_manager not working properly as not seen in it,
> I am running Kubuntu 8.0.4 with kde 3.5?????, I think it is
> dpkg-install klamav
> or something similar
>
> ray

> Download the new Windows Live Messenger Find out what’s new with your
> friends <http://download.live.com/>
I may not be the one to suggest, but I would type into the terminal,
sudo apt-get install Klamav and press enter. Then type in your password
and press enter. That should do it.

Steven

Ray Burke 03-07-2009 09:05 PM

re install apps like Klamav