Old 03-07-2009, 03:52 PM
Georgi Kourtev

Default PrtSc doesn't work

On Saturday 07 March 2009 18:18:43 Steven Vollom wrote:

> I wanted to take a screen shot of my desktop to show a friend the

> missing icons. When I pressed PrtSc, nothing happened. Usually a

> window opens with options, this time nothing happened?

> Steven

Steven,

Try KSnashot. It is much better.

gk

Old 03-07-2009, 03:59 PM
"O. Sinclair"

Georgi Kourtev wrote:

> On Saturday 07 March 2009 18:18:43 Steven Vollom wrote:
> > I wanted to take a screen shot of my desktop to show a friend the
> > missing icons. When I pressed PrtSc, nothing happened. Usually a
> > window opens with options, this time nothing happened?
> >
> > Steven
>

> Steven,
>

> Try KSnashot. It is much better.
> gk

KSnapshot is what normally opens when you press PrtSc, at least in KDE
3.5.10 - it is part of KDE Desktop I guess

Old 03-07-2009, 04:05 PM
"D. R. Evans"

Steven Vollom said the following at 03/07/2009 09:18 AM :
> I wanted to take a screen shot of my desktop to show a friend the
> missing icons. When I pressed PrtSc, nothing happened. Usually a
> window opens with options, this time nothing happened?

I haven't been keeping track; which version of KDE are you using?

This was broken in Kubuntu 8.10 as-released. It has been fixed in the 4.2
update.

Doc

--
Web: http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR

Old 03-07-2009, 07:11 PM
Steven Vollom

O. Sinclair wrote:
> Georgi Kourtev wrote:
>
>> On Saturday 07 March 2009 18:18:43 Steven Vollom wrote:
>> > I wanted to take a screen shot of my desktop to show a friend the
>> > missing icons. When I pressed PrtSc, nothing happened. Usually a
>> > window opens with options, this time nothing happened?
>> >
>> > Steven
>>

>> Steven,
>>

>> Try KSnashot. It is much better.
>> gk
>>

> KSnapshot is what normally opens when you press PrtSc, at least in KDE
> 3.5.10 - it is part of KDE Desktop I guess

I really don't know, however, I opened the Kmenu and found Ksnapshot and
clicked on it. I got a screed shot. But earlier when I clicked on
the appropriate keyboard key, it did not work.
Thanks. It looks exactly like the last Print Screen windos.

Steven

Old 03-07-2009, 09:10 PM
Steven Vollom

D. R. Evans wrote:
> Steven Vollom said the following at 03/07/2009 09:18 AM :
>
>> I wanted to take a screen shot of my desktop to show a friend the
>> missing icons. When I pressed PrtSc, nothing happened. Usually a
>> window opens with options, this time nothing happened?
>>

> I haven't been keeping track; which version of KDE are you using?
>
> This was broken in Kubuntu 8.10 as-released. It has been fixed in the 4.2
> update.
>
> Doc

4.2 Doc. With KDE running, I pressed Alt+f2 and then pressed Ksnapshot,
it worked, however, I haven't seen whether the PrtSc will work again
yet. Thanks!

Steven

Old 03-07-2009, 09:31 PM
Steven Vollom

D. R. Evans wrote:
> Steven Vollom said the following at 03/07/2009 09:18 AM :
>
>> I wanted to take a screen shot of my desktop to show a friend the
>> missing icons. When I pressed PrtSc, nothing happened. Usually a
>> window opens with options, this time nothing happened?
>>

> I haven't been keeping track; which version of KDE are you using?
>
> This was broken in Kubuntu 8.10 as-released. It has been fixed in the 4.2
> update.
>
> Doc

I am, and have been in KDE 4.2 for a couple of weeks now.

Steven