Old 03-06-2009, 09:12 AM
Georgi Kourtev

Default Firefox not running - conflict

Dear all,

I had on my computer Firefox 3.0.6 downloaded from Mozila and installed manually. As the update of this version was rather difficult for me (always through terminal), I decided to get a normal kubuntu installation with Adept.

I did remove the version with

sudo rm /usr/bin/firefox
sudo dpkg-divert --rename --remove /usr/bin/firefox
sudo rm -r /opt/firefox

Then installed it with Adept.

Now after running the new version (which is 3.0.7) I have Firefox window half open, then nothing. If I run firefox from terminal I got the following message

*** glibc detected *** /usr/lib/firefox-3.0.7/firefox: double free or corruption (fasttop): 0x0a74f748 ***

followed by a long list with backtrace.

Any ideas how to make it work? Thanks.

gk

Old 03-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Geoffrey Bays

GK:

I just got FF 3.07 through an Adept update, and when I tried to run
it, it did not launch.
Check to see what FF processes are running and stop them all and try
again, or as I did,
reboot your system. After reboot, FF 3.07 worked just fine.

Geoffrey Bays

Old 03-06-2009, 03:48 PM
Georgi Kourtev

I did all that but no result.