-   -   RESOLVED Home icon on Panel Disappeared. Intrepid 64bit KDE 4.2 (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/257969-resolved-home-icon-panel-disappeared-intrepid-64bit-kde-4-2-a.html)

Steven Vollom 03-06-2009 02:47 AM

Jonas Norlander wrote:
> 2009/3/5 Steven Vollom <stevenvollom@sbcglobal.net>:
>
>> Upon recommendation, I backed up then removed .kde from my system. When
>> the new desktop came on screen. Most everything was normal again except
>> the restoration of default configuration.
>>
>> At a time when I was working on other problems relating to my computer,
>> I needed the Home button that is usually right next to the Kmenu button
>> on the panel. I call it that because the button has a shadow picture of
>> a home on it, a little house without details.
>>
>> I opened and selected 'add widgets', however the icon I describe here
>> as the 'Home' button doesn't seem to be on the list.
>>
>> The 'Home' button from the panel is a plasmoid that I use and want back.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Steven
>>

> Heres one way to do it; Click K menu -->Computer, there you have i
> icon "Home", right click on it and choose "add to panel". Now you
> should have a new icon in your panel, you may have to move it to where
> you want it to be on the panel and perhaps choose another icon for it
> as mine was a normal folder icon. Do that by right click on it and
> choose "Settings for icon".
>
> / Jonas

Dear Jonas,

I am sorry I wasted your time. I found it in plasmoids
a whle ago, but didn't know how to show it fixed. I feel pretty stupid
because I looked there before and must have read right over it. I can't
figure it out. I seem to waste a lot of people's time anymore. Thanks
for your kindness and patience.

Steven