Old 03-06-2009, 01:57 AM
Ric Moore

Default ant and java install to Intrepid

Is there a reason the ant package needs 200 megs worth of gcj style
almost-Java deb files?? I wish to keep my sun-java as pristine as
possible. It's a scary thing to see the depends list. I need sun-java
intact. Thanks. Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987

Old 03-06-2009, 08:09 AM
Ignazio Palmisano

Ric Moore wrote:
> Is there a reason the ant package needs 200 megs worth of gcj style
> almost-Java deb files?? I wish to keep my sun-java as pristine as
> possible. It's a scary thing to see the depends list. I need sun-java
> intact. Thanks. Ric

I'd install ant on its own, without relying on the packages. It only
needs the path to the executable and maybe an environment variable.
Easier than managing the dependences.
HTH,
I.