Old 03-05-2009, 06:40 PM
Glenn R Williams

Default I can't see anything

On Thursday 05 March 2009 14:27:06 Alfredo Martínez Pacheco wrote:
> Hello to all:
>
> I am a newbie user of Kubuntu. I was reading a pocket guide, quite useful,
> and exploring basic features of the system. I activated Desktop effects and
> all the screen went into black. I can't see anything so I can't undo this
> mess. I know, it's my fault. I cannot start a failsafe session. Any idea
> about how to restart in a safe mode and put all as before?
>
> Lots of thanks. If you want, you can write me at this address: darkthal
> (at) hotmail (dot) com
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Alf
>
> --
> Por un uso responsable del e-mail. No a los reenvios indiscriminados.
> Verificación de las fuentes. Ponle fin a los Hoaxes

Alf,

You could try pressing CTRL-ALT-Backspace. That will kill your KDE session
and bring you back to the login. From there you can shutdown and restart. When
you see a message saying "system will start in x seconds", press ESC key. This
wil bring you the Grub menu, and from there you can select Failsafe mode.

HTH,

Glenn

Old 03-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Paul Lemmons

[...]

You might also try <shift-alt-F12> this toggles desktop effects on or off.

--
Sometimes I wonder. Were our faith able to stand upright and look around, would it be looking down at the mustard seed or standing in awe of the height and breadth of it.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Alfredo Martínez Pacheco

Thanks a lot.

I tried <Shift-At-F12> and everything came again back normality. So I will keep reading user guide and learning more about Kubuntu. Thanks again.

Alfredo