Old 03-05-2009, 04:44 PM
"D. R. Evans"

Default KDE4.2-Update breaks kdeplasma-addons

Rolf Kutz said the following at 03/05/2009 08:52 AM :

> Shouldn't this be atomic? How often does it update
> it's packages files?

Yes, it should be atomic. But apparently it's not :-(

I don't know why not, nor even whom to ask for an explanation as to why it
takes an astonishingly long time for some of the servers to synchronize
themselves. Even if the administrators can't do anything about it, it would
be nice to understand the cause.

(And while we're sort-of on the subject, apt should be transactional when
performing multiple simultaneous updates. But it's not.)

Doc

--
Web: http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR

Old 03-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Jonas Norlander

2009/3/5 D. R. Evans <doc.evans@gmail.com>:
> Rolf Kutz said the following at 03/05/2009 08:52 AM :
>>

>> Shouldn't this be atomic? How often does it update
>> it's packages files?
>
> Yes, it should be atomic. But apparently it's not :-(
>
> I don't know why not, nor even whom to ask for an explanation as to why it
> takes an astonishingly long time for some of the servers to synchronize
> themselves. Even if the administrators can't do anything about it, it would
> be nice to understand the cause.
>
> (And while we're sort-of on the subject, apt should be transactional when
> performing multiple simultaneous updates. But it's not.)
>
> *Doc

I just did an aptitude update and i could now upgrade the plasma
packages to 4.2.1 but all packages in kdeutils is still on 4.2.0.

/ Jonas