Old 03-05-2009, 09:20 AM
Steven Vollom

Default RESOLVED Clicking on plasmoid Desktop Folders opens Kaffeine

Johnny Ernst Nielsen wrote:
> Greetings Steven.
>
> torsdag den 5. Marts 2009 kvad Steven Vollom:
>
>>> You could also open System Settings, choose the Advanced tab, and
>>> then File Associations.
>>> Unfold the inode node, and select the directory sub node.
>>> On the right you can then see what programs are set up to handle
>>> directories.
>>> The program at the top of the list is the one that is used when
>>> you click directory icons (folders) to open them. The other
>>> programs are the ones that are present in the directories' right
>>> click pop up menu, under the "Open with" sub menu.
>>>
>> I am laughing so hard I have tears. I am not sure if you are just
>> so smart that I cannot relate, or playing with me, [...]
>>

> I'm not playing with you Steven. I'm trying to help you )
>

>> I can't do that right now. I am missing the kmenu button from the
>> panel in Intrepid KDE 4.2, but as soon as I can figure out how to
>> get to System Settings, I will resume this project. It sounds a
>> little like Hardy by the System Settings>Advance tab instructin. I
>> hope it is that way in Intrepid.
>>

> I don't know Intrepid (8.10). My KDE 4.2 knowledge comes from alpha 5
> of the upcomming Jaunty (9.04).
> I assume KDE 4.2 is the same on both 8.10 and 9.02.
>
> My production system is Gutsy (7.10).
> The system settings in 7.10 and 9.04 are _very_ much alike, so I
> assume that is also the case with 8.10 and 9.04.
>
> Best regards
>
> Johnny )

Apparently my guess was correct. Thanks Johnny O. I am laughing more
this time than last, I am so happy. You guys are beyond amazing. This
stuff is so complicated and you are so sharp. Thanks again! It was so
fun to be able to empty trash again outside of multimedia.

Steven