Old 03-05-2009, 11:36 PM
Ric Moore

Default Clicking on plasmoid Desktop Folders opens Kaffeine

On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 06:43 -0500, Steven Vollom wrote:
> Johnny,
>
> This may not relate to the disappearing problem we have been talking
> about, but I downloaded about 5gb of data using a Ktorrent. Uploading
> the same data was only around 15 to 20%. I just took a look because I
> was interested in seeing the progress to know when to cancel the
> uploads, and all of them were missing too. Just disappeared.
>
> Additionally when I was having problems with the Folder plasmoid
> earlier, I put a folder in the Folder plasmoid. I had a folder named
> Code that held the last four years collection of code fixes. I have
> desparately been trying to get my new computer stabilized so I could
> back up data like that. I am too late. When that problem happened, the
> Code folder came up empty. It was my only loss from the 10 folders that
> were in that plasmoid. So in my opinion there is more going on here
> than something pointing to data, I lost the data, at least for now. I
> am still trying to find it. It is a big loss and my own fault completely.

Did all this happen after you deleted your .kde folder? I would bet so,
but had to ask. Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987

Old 03-06-2009, 02:50 AM
Steven Vollom

Ric Moore wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 06:43 -0500, Steven Vollom wrote:
>
>> Johnny,
>>
>> This may not relate to the disappearing problem we have been talking
>> about, but I downloaded about 5gb of data using a Ktorrent. Uploading
>> the same data was only around 15 to 20%. I just took a look because I
>> was interested in seeing the progress to know when to cancel the
>> uploads, and all of them were missing too. Just disappeared.
>>
>> Additionally when I was having problems with the Folder plasmoid
>> earlier, I put a folder in the Folder plasmoid. I had a folder named
>> Code that held the last four years collection of code fixes. I have
>> desparately been trying to get my new computer stabilized so I could
>> back up data like that. I am too late. When that problem happened, the
>> Code folder came up empty. It was my only loss from the 10 folders that
>> were in that plasmoid. So in my opinion there is more going on here
>> than something pointing to data, I lost the data, at least for now. I
>> am still trying to find it. It is a big loss and my own fault completely.
>>

> Did all this happen after you deleted your .kde folder? I would bet so,
> but had to ask. Ric

It did, but I did back up .kde. Do you suppose I can still reclaim it?

Steven

Old 03-06-2009, 05:30 AM
Ric Moore

On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 22:50 -0500, Steven Vollom wrote:
> Ric Moore wrote:
> > On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 06:43 -0500, Steven Vollom wrote:
> >
> >> Johnny,
> >>
> >> This may not relate to the disappearing problem we have been talking
> >> about, but I downloaded about 5gb of data using a Ktorrent. Uploading
> >> the same data was only around 15 to 20%. I just took a look because I
> >> was interested in seeing the progress to know when to cancel the
> >> uploads, and all of them were missing too. Just disappeared.
> >>
> >> Additionally when I was having problems with the Folder plasmoid
> >> earlier, I put a folder in the Folder plasmoid. I had a folder named
> >> Code that held the last four years collection of code fixes. I have
> >> desparately been trying to get my new computer stabilized so I could
> >> back up data like that. I am too late. When that problem happened, the
> >> Code folder came up empty. It was my only loss from the 10 folders that
> >> were in that plasmoid. So in my opinion there is more going on here
> >> than something pointing to data, I lost the data, at least for now. I
> >> am still trying to find it. It is a big loss and my own fault completely.
> >>

> > Did all this happen after you deleted your .kde folder? I would bet so,
> > but had to ask. Ric
> >

> It did, but I did back up .kde. Do you suppose I can still reclaim it?

I would hazard a guess and say yes, but you'd have to know just what
file to copy back to the new .kde directory. That'll be the fun part!
Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987