Old 03-03-2009, 09:50 PM
Steven Vollom

Default Plasmoid Problem

I received instruction to move the items on the panel as well as move
the panel.
When I first attempted to move Kmenu button from the left of the panel
to the
right of the panel, I moved Kmenu button to the right and it
disappeared. I
figure out a way to get it to come back. Then I moved the panel to the
top of the
desktop. After that was completed, I found a strange thing happened to the
Desktop Folder plasmoid and the Home Plasmoid. Each has several folders
that
contain various content that I go to often. Nonetheless, after the
error that
happened to the Kmenu, all the folders in Desktop Folder plasmoid and Home
Plasmoid open the package Kaffeine, instead of showing their proper
contents.

Is there a way to restore them?

Steven

Old 03-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Steven Vollom

I received instruction to relocate the items from the panel at the
bottom of the desktop, as well as move the panel from the bottom to the
top of the desktop. I selected the Kmenu button to move from the left
end of the panel to the right end. When I attempted to move Kmenu
button and came to the end of the panel, it disappeared.

I was unable to get the Kmenu button to re-appear. I continued to move
the panel from the bottom of the desktop to the top, where I wanted it.
I also thought maybe if I centered the panel it would allow the Kmenu
button to reappear, but it did not return.

Next, I noticed a strange thing happened to the desktop plasmoids
'Desktop Folder' and 'Home'. Each plasmoid had 10 folders in it,
however, when I clicked on any one of them to use the contents, Kaffeine
opened. Not just one of them, all 20 opened Kaffeine.

Is there a way to restore the Kmenu button to the panel and restore the
folders in the two desktop plasmoids so that their content reappears,
and they function again.

Steven