Old 03-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Steven Vollom

Default Why won't my Original Movie DVD's not play on my computer? Intrepid 64bit KDE 4.2

>> ant.
>>
>> Try: sudo aptitude install libdvdcss2 (you'll need medibuntu
>> repositories. Check their site for instructions:
>> http://www.medibuntu.org/ ).
>>
> sudo wget http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/intrepid.lis

> t --output-document=/etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list

> and got the following response:
[sudo] password for steven:
--2009-03-03 17:11:57--
http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.lists.d/intrepid.liststeven@Ysshua:~$
sudo wget http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.lists.d/intrepid.list
Resolving www.medibuntu.org... failed: Name or service not known.
wget: unable to resolve host address 'www.medibuntu.org'

Was this the command I was supposed to do? I cut and pasted from the
medibuntu site.

Steven

Old 03-03-2009, 11:38 PM
Nigel Henry

On Tuesday 03 March 2009 23:41, Steven Vollom wrote:
> >> ant.
> >>
> >> Try: sudo aptitude install libdvdcss2 (you'll need medibuntu
> >> repositories. Check their site for instructions:
> >> http://www.medibuntu.org/ ).
> >
> > sudo wget http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/intrepid.lis
> >
> > t --output-document=/etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list
> >
> > and got the following response:
>
> [sudo] password for steven:
> --2009-03-03 17:11:57--
> http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.lists.d/intrepid.liststeven@Ysshua:~$
> sudo wget http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.lists.d/intrepid.list
> Resolving www.medibuntu.org... failed: Name or service not known.
> wget: unable to resolve host address 'www.medibuntu.org'
>
> Was this the command I was supposed to do? I cut and pasted from the
> medibuntu site.
>
> Steven

Hi Steven.

Assuming that you are connected to the Internet on this machine, pasting the
following into KDE's Konsole, (may have to press the "Enter" key after the
paste), then giving your user password should get things going.

sudo wget http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/intrepid.list
--output-document=/etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list

If that has gone OK, click on the "Home" icon, next to the big "K" on the
panel, which will open Dolphin. On the the left, click on "Root" (red
rectangle), then in the centre, click on etc, then apt, then sources.list.d.
You should now see, what is a new file, named, medibuntu.list. Click on that,
and you will see 4 lines of text. The third line is the one that gives you
access to the medibuntu repo. When you run apt-get update next, this line
will be used to gain access to the medibuntu repo, and the package list for
the packages available from this repo, will be downloaded to your machine.

You still need to install the GPG keyring for the medibuntu repo, otherwise
you will not be able to install packages from that repo. To do that run the
following command.

sudo apt-get install medibuntu-keyring

You should now be able to install packages from the medubuntu repo,
libdvdcss2, for example.

All the best.

Nigel.

Old 03-03-2009, 11:50 PM
Steven Vollom

Norberto Bensa wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 8:41 PM, Steven Vollom
> <stevenvollom@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> Resolving www.medibuntu.org... failed: Name or service not known.
>> wget: unable to resolve host address 'www.medibuntu.org'
>>

> Can you ping www.medibuntu.org ? If not. How is your DNS configured?

I don't know how to do either of those things.

Steven