Old 12-31-2007, 11:13 AM
Charles Trois

Default Printing text

I have installed kubuntu 7.10 and configured the printing system as per
kcontrol.

The printer (Epson SC 740) is recognized and prints the CUPS test page
correctly, although very slowly.

I can print text files, but that is also very slow, whereas a text page,
containing relatively little information, ought to be printed rapidly
(as is the case with MacOSX on the same machine).

Is this inherent to CUPS? Is there another way?

I should be grateful to anybody who can throw some light on this problem
of printing text at a reasonable speed.

Charles

Old 12-31-2007, 11:42 AM
Donn

> I should be grateful to anybody who can throw some light on this problem
> of printing text at a reasonable speed.
It's not the quality being set too high is it? Check DPI and driver settings
for the printer.

Old 01-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Charles Trois

Donn a écrit :
>> I should be grateful to anybody who can throw some light on this problem
>> of printing text at a reasonable speed.
> It's not the quality being set too high is it? Check DPI and driver settings
> for the printer.

You were right: changing the printout mode from "normal" to "draft" did it.

Thank you for the hint.

Charles