Old 03-02-2009, 11:50 PM
Steven Vollom

Default Desktop Effects Intrepid KDE 4.2

I have been installed for a couple of days on my new 64bit box. Not
needing or using them yet, I did not notice that the desktop effects are
not active. I have several plasmoids functioning on the desktop,
however, my favorite desktop effect was needed, and it did not respond.
I then noticed that things I do not need, but enjoy, like wobbly windows
did not work either. The effect that I find indispensible, now that it
is available, is where I put the mouse in the upper left corner of the
screen, and all of my open overlapping applications separate on the one
screen in a size that fits all. Then I can rapidly choose from among
them the application I want on the surface. Is there some command that
would resolve the problem?

Steven

Old 03-03-2009, 07:16 AM
Georgi Kourtev

On Tuesday 03 March 2009 02:50:01 Steven Vollom wrote:

> I have been installed for a couple of days on my new 64bit box. Not

> needing or using them yet, I did not notice that the desktop effects are

> not active. I have several plasmoids functioning on the desktop,

> however, my favorite desktop effect was needed, and it did not respond.

> I then noticed that things I do not need, but enjoy, like wobbly windows

> did not work either. The effect that I find indispensible, now that it

> is available, is where I put the mouse in the upper left corner of the

> screen, and all of my open overlapping applications separate on the one

> screen in a size that fits all. Then I can rapidly choose from among

> them the application I want on the surface. Is there some command that

> would resolve the problem?

> Steven

Did you try System Setting --> Desktop --> Desktop Effects under All Effectes tab?

gk

Old 03-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Steven Vollom

> Did you try System Setting --> Desktop --> Desktop Effects under All
> Effectes tab?
> gk
I have done that. I have done the work for them to work, they just
don't work when I am on the desktop.

Steven

Old 03-03-2009, 05:08 PM
Eberhard Roloff

Steven Vollom wrote:

>> Did you try System Setting --> Desktop --> Desktop Effects under All
>> Effectes tab?
>> gk
> I have done that. I have done the work for them to work, they just
> don't work when I am on the desktop.
>
> Steven

Did you install and activate the propriatary Nvidia Drivers?

Kind regards
Eberhard

Old 03-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Steven Vollom

Eberhard Roloff wrote:
> Steven Vollom wrote:
>
>>> Did you try System Setting --> Desktop --> Desktop Effects under All
>>> Effectes tab?
>>> gk
>>>
>> I have done that. I have done the work for them to work, they just
>> don't work when I am on the desktop.
>>
>> Steven
>>

> Did you install and activate the propriatary Nvidia Drivers?

I don't remember doing this yet. I must have been distracted with a
problem. You are not talking about the BIOS update, are you? Which of
these should I do first. If they are separate, BIOS or nVidia drivers?
You can see, the pressure has not lifted yet, I am a blur of
understanding right now.
Steven