Old 03-02-2009, 11:56 AM
Steven Vollom

Default kmix does not open Intrepid 64bit KDE 4.2

I am having various problems with sound. The sound is on-board ASUS
HDA nVidia, analog, digital, and PulseAudio. Kmix does not open.
Sound values are low. Some restricted video have video w/o sound.

Steven

Old 03-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Jonas Norlander

2009/3/2 Steven Vollom <stevenvollom@sbcglobal.net>:
> I am having various problems with sound. *The sound is on-board ASUS
> HDA *nVidia, analog, digital, and PulseAudio. *Kmix does not open.
> Sound values are low. *Some restricted video have video w/o sound.
>
> Steven

I'm sure that Kubuntu/KDE don't use PulseAudio (it probebly can be
done but i have never had it in any version af Kubuntu) and the
PulsAudio server is not installed as default so perhaps thats is you
problem?

/ Jonas

Old 03-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Steven Vollom

> I'm sure that Kubuntu/KDE don't use PulseAudio (it probebly can be
> done but i have never had it in any version af Kubuntu) and the
> PulsAudio server is not installed as default so perhaps thats is you
> problem?
>
> / Jonas

Thanks, it was. I have sound in vlc player after installing pulseaudio
packages. Everything else seems stable for the moment.

Steven